Lazers Soccer Club (A Non-Profit Organization)
Long time La Verne resident Jim Scranton, in 1986 formed the Lazers Soccer Club organization which provides youngsters an opportunity to play soccer at a highly competitive level. Jim spent five years with the city’s Youth Sports Committee, which resulted in the development of 35 acres of sports fields for the community now known as La Verne Sports Park and home of the Lazers. Since then, Lazers SC has grown to become one of the top programs in California with nationally ranked teams. Combined with a dedicated coaching staff, we provide the opportunity to develop the area’s best soccer talents and prepare them for the highest level of competition. Our year round program incorporates advance training for players of all ages. Our goals are long term and truly believe in the development of our players.
- To develop, promote, serve and administer the game of soccer in the foothill comminities (La Verne, San Dimas, Covina, West Covina, Glendora, Azusa, Claremont, Walnut, Diamond Bar, Pomona, Upland, Montclair, Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, and surrounding Southern California counties).
- To encourage, support and assist in player development in competitive soccer programs for youth players of all ages in soccer.
- To promote education, training and licensing opportunities for players, coaches and referees participating in the game of soccer.
- To challenge players to advance to the highest levels of soccer through professional and licensed coaching.
Logos through the years
Club Colors: Crimson Red and Black
- Players selected for the Olympic Development Program (ODP)
- Lazers has developed players competing at all Collegiate Level (NCAA Division I, II, III, NAIA and Junior College)
- Players playing professionally (MLS)
- Coast Soccer League champions
- Promotion of numerous teams from: Bronze to Silver, Silver-Elite to Gold, Gold to Premier
- State Cup - Champions, Finalists, Semifinalists
- League Cup - Champions
- Dallas Cup - Champions
Many La Verne Lazers players graduate from our programs and play collegiate soccer. Here is a list of some of the colleges our players have attended. On top of playing at the collegiate level, players from our program have gone to play professionally in the MLS and NASL.
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- University of Southern California (USC)
- University of California, San Diego (UCSD)
- University of California, Berkeley (Cal)
- Oregon State
- Long Beach State
- Cal State Fullerton
- Cal State Northridge
- Cal State San Bernandino
- San Diego State University
- California State University Channel Islands
- Point Loma Nazarene University
- University of San Diego